Word for Wednesday #14
I apologise in advance for the nature of this post but I really, really fucking hate Christmas. And I know I’m a day late but here’s my own advent calendar. And thanks to MoonlightDancer @Kats_my_Name_ who posted this picture on her Twitter yesterday when she started a Bah Humbug Gang 🙂
She also hosts Word for Wednesday over at Kittykat-bitsandbobs
25 reasons why I hate Christmas:
- It seems to start earlier every year.
- Ridiculously commercial.
- Too much stress for just one day.
- When the decorations go up around town I feel as if I’m living inside a pinball machine.
- Too many people spend money they don’t have to give presents to people they don’t even like.
- Too many people spend money they don’t have to give people things they neither want nor need.
- School nativity plays.
- So called Christians celebrating without sparing one thought for those less fortunate.
- Christmas markets.
- Christmas fayres.
- Re-labelling everything left over from every other holiday through the year as ‘Christmas’ (I’m looking at you, former Hallowe’en Barm Brack)
- Decorations falling down ten minutes after they’ve been put up.
- Being asked ‘Are you ready for Santy?’
- Trying to find somewhere to put the damn tree.
- Having to listen to Wham, Mariah Carey and Bruce fucking Springsteen 50 times a day for a month. Please, just kill me now.
- Fucking Sellotape. (not actually ‘fucking’ sellotape, you know what I mean).
- Trying to find a loaf of bread or a carton of milk on December 23rd.
- Christmas films.
- Having to act like I give a shit about any of it.
- Advent calendars.
- The stupid amount of food people buy.
- Because I’m a grumpy bitch.
- And the one thing I find really weird about Christmas? The whole Santa thing. Kids are constantly being told about ‘Stranger Danger’ and yet here we are, telling them that if they’re very good, and if they go to sleep early on Christmas Eve, some fat old man is going to come down the chimney, possibly creep into their bedroom and give them presents. And people wonder why they scream their heads off when they have to go into his grotto and sit on his lap.
One thing I do like about this time of year is annoying people who love it.
Click for more Words for Wednesday